Registration is CLOSED. If you have a question, please email Deputy Jake Merrifield:
See below for more information about STAR Camp:
STAR Camp has provided a unique and fun experience for thousands of kids in the Malibu/Lost Hills Station area for almost two decades. It’s a small camp (limited to about 50 campers per week), but we get a whole lot done. Here are some of the activities from years past:
- Summer camp games (relay races, tug o’ war, balloon toss, and more)
- Inflatable Slides and Obstacle Courses
- Field Trips to Magic Mountain, Hurricane Harbor, Dodger Stadium and Paradise Cove
- Law Enforcement and Safety Presentations from
- LASD Bomb Squad
- LA County Fire Department
- LASD Search & Rescue
- LASD Crime Lab
- LASD K-9 and Mounted Patrol
- LASD Polygraph
- FBI and the US Army
- LASD Special Enforcement Bureau (The Sheriff’s version of SWAT)
- Presentations from folks like
Deputy Jake and Deputy Jeff spend the school year lecturing kids about safety and drugs, but they enjoy STAR Camp because its a great chance to just have fun with the campers. The other adults at the camp are Deputy Sheriff’s from STAR and other local LASD Units.
Everyday starts and ends at Calamigos Ranch. Drop-Off for the camp is at 8am, Pickup is at 4pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday ends between 5 and 6 depending on the field trip, and Friday is done at 3pm. There is no transportation to and from camp.
The kids eat all day: donuts or bagels for breakfast, lunch, mid-morning and afternoon snacks are all provided. The Age range for the camp is 4th to 6th grade or 9ish to 12ish years old.
Here is a sample schedule from of the camp. This years schedule will be finalized in June.